Monday, April 28, 2014

LiveBinders In and Outside of the Classroom

The first time I met one of my best friends, she was watching some reality show I hated, she was covered in Cheeto dust, and wrapped up in a blanket like a human burrito. She didn't strike me as a particularly fun or driven person, however first impressions can sometimes be deceiving.

My initial reaction to Livebinders was that it was simply a bookmarking application that didn't seem either useful or interesting. However, after exploring what some educators are doing in their classrooms, I have completely changed my mind.

There wasn't one in particular that jumped out at me, but after perusing a few different ways teachers are using Livebinders, I have come up with several ideas of my own. Some students (myself among them) are eternally frustrated with the fact that some things have to stay locked in the virtual word on the computers at school. Livebinders can allow students to continue working on their projects at home if they wish. It could also free up some class time that might otherwise be used for simple activities which could easily be accomplished as homework.

As a future educator, I am always trying to keep an open mind about new programs and ideas I've never heard of. This is one of those instances when the new idea is a great one. I'm very glad I looked past my first impression of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment